LA RIOJA, SPAIN (Summer 2017) – Fiora, the prestigious Spanish bath company specializing in the design and manufacturing of luxury shower bases, shower wall panels, sinks and bathroom furniture products, will now be available to the North American marketplace.
For nearly 35 years, Fiora has been manufacturing their renowned products for international residential and commercial projects from Nájera, a small town in the mountainous range and world-class wine-country of La Rioja, Spain.
Founded by Jose Barrio, Manuel Rocandio and Jacinto Anguiano, Fiora is the only manufacturer of complete bathroom collections produced with a single material, Fiora’s cornerstone product innovation SILEXPOL – a proprietary material comprised of polyurethane and minerals. All shower bases, wall panels, countertops and sinks are produced with SILEXPOL, which is easy to maintain and provides more warmth and safety properties – including a level 3 non-slip certification – than porcelain, acrylic, enamel steel and solid surface materials.
“Fiora as a brand has built a strong reputation and demand for products across the European marketplace including, Belgium, Italy, France, Germany and the UK,” says, David Pascual, Managing Director, Fiora. “Exports currently represent 67% of our business and we see a big opportunity to bring our designs into North American homes.”
In addition to its SILEXPOL properties, Fiora boasts its environmentally-friendly manufacturing process. With an ISO 14001 international environmental management certification, Fiora’s waste footprint is significantly less than competitive porcelain and steel products.
“Our goal is to bring complementary product lines from emerging European brands to North America and a trend we’ve been tracking in Europe for many years is the move from bathtubs to showers,” says Lloyd Leblanc, Vice-President of AD Waters. “We see this shift taking place in the US and Canada, so with the introduction of Fiora we’re pleased to be the conduit to introduce their innovative and environmentally-friendly product portfolio to designers and architects.”
“Customers in North America have not seen any material innovation in terms of shower bases for the last three decades,” Leblanc adds. “For too long, the only options have been acrylic bases that are noisy and shake under the body’s weight, plain solid surface material bases that chip and crack easily or enamel steel bases that are extremely cold to the touch. Fiora’s product is the first innovative material and product to come to market in more than 30 years, and we are excited to present it to the North American clientele.”
Among the brand’s newest introductions to the North American market include:
- Fiora Shower Bases – A series of textured shower bases designed for a high-end aesthetic and everyday comfort and safety. The easy-to-install series can be installed above the floor or flushed to the floor, for a more discreet look and/or for an ADA-compliant design. Extremely adaptable to virtually any space, Fiora’s shower bases can be cut on-site to fit within an odd size setting or to work around an existing structural element. Additionally, the Fiora shower bases offer reduced installation time and cost compared to tiled shower floors and limit chances of future water leaks. Fiora’s proprietary Nanobath® technology prevents bacteria from reproducing (offering bacteriostatic properties), while repelling surface stains. The surface is finished with the company’s Metalface® technology which guarantees additional protection against damages and wear. The shower bases are offered in eight earth-tone colors—total white, cappuccino, cement, black, off-white, cream, grey and wenge—and can be repainted should the homeowner decide to change the color throughout the lifetime of the product.
- Quadro – Seven models complete the Quadro shower base collection with a choice of a center or off-drain option which feature a square drain configuration. Drain covers come coordinated to match the base color and a brushed stainless-steel finish cover can also be ordered.
- Linea – Three models of linear shower bases complete the Linea collection. Drain covers come coordinated to match the base color and a brushed stainless-steel finish cover can also be ordered.
- Fontana – The Fontana sink collection is comprised of two sink models and four wall-mounted integrated countertops. The top and sides of the sinks are finished in a slate texture while the washbasins interiors offer smooth surface finish. All sinks are available in the same eight colors as the shower bases.
- Making Mini Vanity – The perfect vanity to consider when designing a modern powder room, the Making Mini vanity features an elegant slate texture finish and is offered in the eight colors options of the shower bases. The accompanying sink is offered in a standard in matte white and can be color coordinated to match the rest of the vanity.
Fiora products are distributed and marketed in the US and Canada by AD Waters.